You have finally found your perfect home equipped with the amenities that you have been looking for – except that the house has a small bathroom. A small bathroom is not the end of the world, nor does it mean that you need to spend thousands of dollars to renovate. As the premier agent for NOTL real estate, I would like to offer you the following ways to make your small bathroom look bigger.
The fastest, easiest and most effective way to make your bathroom appear larger is to bring in as much light as possible. Light, bright rooms always feel larger and more spacious than dark or drab ones. Some great ways to brighten up your small bathroom include:
- Add more lighting. Install some additional light fixtures to increase the amount of light in the bathroom.
- Change the colour. Paint the walls and ceiling the same colour. By choosing a light colour, you can make your bathroom appear far larger. Multiple colours tend to chop the room up, making it feel smaller. Dark colours just make the room feel smaller.
- If you have windows, remove any curtains or blinds to maximize all of the natural light.
Install larger or more mirrors in your small bathroom to create a bigger space. Mirrors reflect light and this will make your small bathroom feel more spacious. Mirrors are also the perfect way to enlarge your bathroom without overcrowding your walls. When selecting a mirror, some things to consider include:
- Look for a framed mirror. Frames can make a dramatic statement and tie your bathroom together.
- Go less traditional. Choose a shape other than rectangular. Instead, try an oval or circular mirror to add a touch of softness and sophistication to your bathroom.
A streamlined bathroom is a more spacious bathroom. Look to streamline your storage by keeping it as flush to the wall as possible. Anything that sticks out or is asymmetrical will make your bathroom appear smaller. Instead, use recessed shelving and medicine cabinets.
Remove clutter in the bathroom except for the most essential bathroom items. This even includes the bathmat which will take away floor space and make your bathroom feel smaller.
Here’s the deal:
If you don’t need it, store it elsewhere in your house.
Raise your shower curtain bar to the roof to create the illusion of a taller ceiling and thus a larger space. You can also do this with your window dressings, which will make your windows look longer and larger.
A small bathroom does not equate to a costly renovation. Instead, get creative and use these tips to create a seemingly larger space. If you would like any other tips on how to make your bathroom appear larger or are interested in some of the exciting, new NOTL real estate options, please contact me today.