An open house will not only attract a wide range of interested buyers, it will also generate awareness in your home, and in many cases sell your home faster. As the premier agent for all your NOTL realty needs, I would like to share the following tips on how you can make your next open house a success.
Run a Successful Advertising Campaign
An effective advertising campaign will guarantee that your next open house is full of interested buyers. The key to successful advertising is using a wide range of different mediums to get the word out. These include:
- Word of mouth – start spreading the word in your social circles that you are hosting an open house.
- Social media – use your Facebook and Twitter account to advertise your open house throughout your media social circles.
- Online – advertise your open house on a wide range of realty websites and include the dates on your online listing profile.
- Canvas the neighbourhood – put up flyers around your neighbourhood that include the date, time and location of your next open house. You may be surprised at the amount of interest and foot traffic this type of advertising offers.
Prepare Your Home
Everyone knows the importance of a well-staged and properly cleaned home. Some of the other attention to details that will make for a successful open house include:
- Let in all the light you can by opening blinds and curtains and turning on all the lights in your house.
- Don’t be afraid to add an extra touch such as a table centerpiece or a vase full of flowers in the kitchen or the bathroom.
- Move the cars out of your driveway and try to keep the street parking in front of your home open for interested buyers. This convenience will be appreciated by open house visitors.
A Parting Gift
A great way to have your open house stand out among others is to provide visitors with a coloured brochure that highlights some of your home’s key selling features. This will provide interested home buyers with a visual checklist and keep your home fresh in their mind. Other points that you may want to include in your brochure include:
- Your home’s square footage.
- Any renovations or restorations that you or a contractor may have performed.
- The year and, if applicable, the builder of your home.
These tips will ensure that your next open house brings in a wide range of potential buyers and will generate interest in your property. If you would like other tips on how to host a successful open house or have thought about listing your home on the NOTL real estate market, please contact me today. I would love to be a part of your sales team and help you turn that for sale sign into a sold sign. I look forward to working with you soon.