Having made the decision to live in the Niagara region, the next major decision is ‘which community?’
Apart from the historic and beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake, there are various locations to choose from. Here are some to help you;
- Queenston – A charming village community at the base of the Niagara Escarpment and adjacent to the Niagara River and the Niagara Parkway. Very beautiful, scenic location with lots of history.
- St Davids – A small but growing village at the base of the Niagara Escarpment with fast access to the QEW via Highway 405. A number of new small scale developments are under way here, yet the village retains it’s old world charm.
- Virgil – Close to Lake Ontario, this is a growing community with various new developments and good local shopping facilities. An attractive village surrounded by vineyards.
- Stamford – At the top of the Niagara Escarpment and with quick access to the QEW, this community is on the edge of Niagara Falls with access to great shopping.
- Port Weller – This small community is close to St Catharines and on Lake Ontario beside the Welland Canal. It also has an attractive marina.
- Port Dalhousie – Pretty village community with beautiful marina and very close to St Catharines. Good access to the QEW and has a historic village centre. A new condo development is being built and this is a lively place to live with a nice pub and selection of dining options
- Jordan – This peaceful and quaint old village boast some great restaurants and antique stores. It has easy access to many wineries on ‘The Bench’ .
In addition, of course there are the major centres of Niagara Falls and St Catharines. There are also more rural options.
If you would like to know more about the surrounding area please feel free to contact me at Niagara Homes today or call me directly at (905) 988-3222 anytime for a friendly, casual conversation.